Full One Day Workshop Details
The following subject matter will be covered in the One day Workshop:
- Get to know our cameras and understand what they can do for us and how.
- Apertures, Shutter Speeds and ISO – all the info you need.
- Use both Manual and Auto modes – when and why?
- Learn about Metering, Exposure, Composition and Lighting.
- Understanding Light.
- Learn how to SEE images in nature.
- Learn best practice plus tips and tricks for making images of all subjects.
- See various types of equipment with Mike [Canon users may try some of Mike’s own equipment].
- Make some great images under Mike’s direct tuition.
- And finally - have some fun!!
9.30/10am - Meet Mike at Irish Natural Forestry Foundation [INFF] woodland centre at Manch in Ballineen.
The afternoon session will concentrate on using what we have learnt so far to get some more nature images. We will also do an in depth metering demonstration with some specific subjects. Mike will answer any questions that have arisen for participants and make sure everyone has learned all they wanted during the day. Short demonstration sessions of digital processing can be done if required also.
Who these workshops are designed for:
These workshops are designed for those with a basic knowledge of digital SLR photography [who wish to learn A LOT more] but also for those who feel they are of an intermediate standard but who wish to improve their skills and knowledge. Participants need to have at least a Digital SLR [capable of changing lenses] and with both Manual exposure modes as well as Auto exposure modes. Bring whatever lenses you have available to you. For Canon users some lenses may be available for loan by prior arrangement with Mike and some will be available to try during the day. If you are not sure if the course would suit you please ask and Mike will have a chat with you. One to One tuition with Mike is also available if this would suit your needs better.
Itinerary may change due to adverse weather of course. In the case of exceptionally bad weather we have the availability of the class room and a large poly tunnel in which we can shoot subjects under cover. We can also do some digital tuition and hope the weather improves as the day goes on. It is possible to do some bird photography from the hid in wet conditions also.
What you get:
Apart from the use of the woodland and other facilities at the INFF office at Manch, the following is included.
- Coffee/tea and biscuits will be provided at the breaks.
- A copy of Mike’s Digital processing Cd “From Capture to Print”, which includes digital processing notes plus exposure notes with examples.
- A chance to try out some of Mike's personal lenses if you are a Canon user.
- And of course Mike’s Tuition!!
What you need:
- A digital SLR camera with the ability to change lenses [one lens is sufficient for the workshop though] and to work in manual exposure mode.
- Bring whatever lenses you have available. If in doubt call us.
- A tripod if you have one - some may be available to borrow from Mike by prior arrangement.
- Use of some of Mike’s lenses is possible. Canon users may avail of Mike's personal lenses including a 100mm Macro and a 180mm Macro and a 300mm F4 telephoto which is useful for the bird hide. Use of camera bodies or lenses for the full day may be possible by prior arrangement with Mike – a rental charge may apply. Please call us for details.
Warm and weatherproof clothing is recommended and good walking boots or such like for the outdoor sessions. Waterproof leggings can be especially useful for getting down low for some of the photography.
There will only be some short walks necessary over reasonable ground during these workshops.
If you need to cancel your workshop booking please contact us as soon as possible. The date on which you cancel will determine whether you receive a refund from your payment.
Cancellations more than 30 days before the workshop will receive 75% refund of payment OR transfer full payment to another workshop OR a full refund ONLY if we can fill your place.
Cancellations less than 30 days before the workshop will receive 50% refund of payment OR transfer full payment to another workshop OR a full refund ONLY if we can fill your place.
Mike Brown Photography cancellation.
If Mike Brown has to cancel the workshop we will offer alternative workshops to participants. If none are suitable a full refund will be given.
Mike Brown Photography hopes to provide a safe environment for their workshops while making them both fun and educational. However, we assume no liability for personal injury or loss or damage to equipment while on the workshops.